Tuesday, May 26, 2009

What a week!

Wow! Where did May go? Thinh has been planning a week long motorcycle trip with his sister and brother-in-law for what seemed like a year and it finally arrived last week on May 17. Thinh and Mason picked up my mom the day before for her to spend the weekend with us since my dad was on his annual fishing trip. Thinh then headed to Toronto to visit his brother, then off to Lake Placid to meet up with his posse. He had a fabulous time, so while the cat was away...the mice played!
Sunday, we started our week of no cooking and doing things on our schedule! Brandon, Andrew and I also were in the Amazing Race at the YMCA Sunday afternoon. We all went to CR Bucks in the evening for food, fun and of course, ice cream!
Monday, Brandon had school, then the little ones and mom slept in to almost 10! We hit the mall quick and then grabbed some Quizno's for lunch and came home to my brother and his dog, Louie, a big boxer something mixed, and visited with them until they took mom home.
Tuesday was the 2nd to last day of preschool for Andrew and Mason, so I ran around and had some fun and bought some new kitchen lights for our electrician to hang later in the day! We also found out that Moe's Southwest grill lets kids eat for free on Tuesdays and had a yummy cheap dinner.
Wednesday was catch up day, groceries and then Applebee's for supper.
Thursday, my sister Wendi and her hubby Mark arrived from Indiana for an overnight stay on their route to Ephrata to my parents. They came along to the guy's soccer games and Mark and Wendi snapped away! Mark is a professional photographer and Wendi may as well be one too! I can't wait to see the latest photo shoot shots! Afterwards we headed to Red Robin where Mason was a complete nightmare and Andrew announced to the whole place he pooped and did not even "plug up the toilet"! What a hoot! Followed by a trip to Rita's, Brandon's request.
Friday we took Wendi and Mark to the pump track with the little two and Mark got some great shots of that. We proceeded to the farmer's market and then home for some Rosalie's. They hit the road by 2:30, Brandon came home and our buddies stopped by after school. I started to clean up the house because...I received word daddy was coming home a day early and bringing along Aunt Mai, Uncle Uwe, and Kaila and Emmi too! As I was cleaning off the decks and watering the flowers and taking care of the bunny, after mowing the grass, Kim wanted to know if Mason and I wanted to meet Larry and the boys in town for pizza. The guys were at the pump track. So, we took time out to go in town and once again, Mason was a total mess at the restaurant, even getting scolded by the pizza guy - SORRY! So, we ran an errand for Uncle Uwe and came home and thankfully Mason fell asleep! Taren came down for some grown up time and Kim hopped the fence until we heard the rumble of the motorcycle around 11pm! Brandon and Emmi stayed up until 1:05 am jumping on the trampoline and playing club penquin.
Saturday, Mai and I hit both farmer's markets and the guys were still doing motorcycle stuff. We had a picnic in the evening and stayed up late hanging out!
Sunday was my turn to get away! Mai, Kaila and I headed to Gettysburg to shop and eat. Thinh, Emmi and Uwe and the boys headed to the pool on a very hot day. M, K, and I shopped and shopped, Kaila took 4 or 5 trips back to the car with our bags! We stopped at The Pub for a very yummy meal and high tailed it home by 7 so most of them could go to the drive - in movies. Mai and I and Mason stayed home so I could do dishes, laundry, pay bills and clean up.
Monday morning the Umbach's headed out and we packed up and went to my parents for a Memorial Day picnic and birthday celebration for my aunt and I. We had good food, did fireworks, watched to kids in the sprinkler and Mark took some more pics of the boys at the Ephrata Cloister. We also put American flags on my grandpa's and nanny's and an old neighbor gravesites too.
Needless to say, I am whooped and I am sure Thinh is too and all the boys were in bed by 8:30! We are also tackling potty training this week as well!


Mai and Kaila getting cozy with Abe Lincoln's friend on the "circle" in Gettysburg.
Kaila and Abe!


1 comment:

toad said...

sounds like a full fun week!