Thursday, October 15, 2009

4th of July vacation





We spent the long holiday weekend in New York at the Umbach's. We also anxiously awaited the arrival of Aunt Cass, Uncle Danh, and cousins Celeste and Dylan from Calgary. We celebrated the 4th at Mai's friends house, Sherry and Chris, with lots of food and games too. We ended it at Mai's with fireworks for the kids and I believe more food!

Monday we travelled south to Sesame Place. The kids had a blast. Aunt Mai treated us all to lunch with the characters. Emmi and Kayla are getting some love from Cookie!



I love this pic of Kaila and Cookie!




Is it me or is Big Bird looking a little whacked out?





Front and center for the parade, check out Elmo!






Sunday, we spent the day at their pool club and park. It is way cool and it is right along the Hudson River. Kaila and Emmi's tennis coach gave the boys free lessons and I think Thinh snuck in too!
















Mai and Uwe kept watch over the food and beverages!










The pool has a very awesome kiddie pool with little slides and sprinklers. Mason had a blast!










Oh and poor Aunt Mai was on hair cut duty again!










Mai and Uwe put a huge addition on their house! Many of us camped out in the family room. It was like a giant slumber party!













Mason was a bit grumpy one night, so Uncle Uwe took him down to the man cave, I mean garage, to check out his collection of motorcycles, no more tears on that kid!













They live in a very wooded area of Rockland County, NY and we woke up one morning to deer in her front yard.













1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Once again, I have to marvel at all the activity you are able to squeeze in! Looks like a fun vacation and a fun birthday celebration - love the blue lips! Cheers, Michelle Brubaker