Monday, February 15, 2010

Making Fastnachts!!!

When Brandon was in 2nd grade, Mrs. Miller his teacher, had the whole second grade make these tasty donuts! I was able to help and with Brandon's reminders, we made fastnachts today for Fat Tuesday tomorrow!
It is just refrigerated biscuit tube dough which the boys poked holes in or quartered them to roll into donut holes. Then I fried them in crisco sticks in the wok on the stove top...it literally takes about a minute to fry.

Then we let them sit on a paper towel on a plate to let some of the grease drain off. Next we had bowls of powdered sugar, granulated sugar and cinnamon and sugar for the guys to roll the fresh warm donuts in.



And the finished product! So yummy!!!








2 comments:

Angee @ October Morning said...

Yummy! I'll swing by for breakfast on my way to work :)

Michelle Brubaker said...

Way to return to blogging with gusto - your donuts look so yummy, your snow fun looks like a blast, and your Valentine celebration looks so romantic. Mark's parents were just here and asked about you a few times. Love, Michelle