Wednesday, December 3, 2008

No turkey for me! :(

Well, another Thanksgiving has come and gone, but not without it's memories for me. The boys and I were invited next door to the Camp's for some pre-Thanksgiving snacks and fellowship. We had a nice evening and as usual, Kim out did herself in the kitchen. I was starting to feel a little sore throat coming on but thought I may just need some rest. So, we came home and went to bed. By the morning, I had the flu, I ached everywhere! I plopped on the couch while the boys destroyed the house! Thinh came home from work by noon and went right up to bed unitl 2. After that, he packed up the desserts I had made and the boys and headed to Lititz for Thanksgiving at my aunt's house. Meanwhile, I am still on the couch trying not to notice the disaster around me. Finally by 5, I could not take it anymore. I called Donna and help was on the way! She brought me tylenol and cleaned up the kitchen while I slept! What a friend!!! By morning I was feeling a bit better and today just have a slight stuffy nose. I still can't believe I did not get to taste my favorite meal of the year, but think of all those calories I saved!

No comments: