Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Lancaster Science Factory

After all the hoopla of Christmas day, my dad thought it would be fun to go to new Lancaster Science Factory in a remodeled old warehouse in downtown Lancaster. So, the boys, my parents, my sister and her husband and I went into town for some fun. I wish I would have taken a picture of the outside, it is in a very cool brick building. Anyway, we stayed for 2 1/2 hours!
The factory had lots of exhibits. I don't think we even got to all of them. Andrew was playing with a big magnet and lots of bolts to make cool figures out of the two.

Brandon enjoyed figuring out the roller coaster.


This is a whisper dish. Another one is about 50ish feet behind it and you whisper into the black ring and the person at the other dish can hear you.



The guys making paper airplanes too...




test out in the testing field.





Here, you put little parachute guys in the chute and they come flying out the top.






Andrew LOVED this one. He pulled on the rope to lift up a bowling ball and let go to create a vacuum in the tubes and it sends a tennis ball flying into the air.









My little scientists doing an air experiment.






Mom volunteered to hold Mason since he fell asleep on the ride in. He did wake up then and really enjoyed the place as well. Especially an exhibit where you had to build your own dam, anything for him to splash around in makes him happy!









Dad posing beside the exhibit he created. He works at High Steel in the engineering dept. and this shows the big steel beams holding up the inside of the factory. We had a very fun afternoon. There was a ton more in there than what I took pictures of. It is well worth the trip in.











No comments: